Hello~! I'm so left behind with what's in and new with make up. But it's never too late to make a review, right? I'm currently using other brand as for my foundation, it works really well on my face but I still wanted to try something new and a bit handy. For some reason, my current foundation needs to be applied with a brush. It would not look good when applied with fingers. So clearly, that pushed me to buy this Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Clear Stick and try it for myself. I heard a lot of blogs raving about this and I got really curious.
- PRICE P249.00 (approx $6.23)
- SPF 21 PA+++
- Shade: Fresh / Natural
- 12-Hour Anti shine
- 8-in-1 skin transformer
- Net wt. 10g
PACKAGING: ⚫⚫⚫⚫⚪ 4/5
- I like how compact it looks. You can bring it anywhere. Not messy and can be applied straight on your face and just blend it with fingers. Has the Mfg date on the primary packaging. That's a good thing, coz most of the Mfg date and expiration dates are located on the box or the shrink wraps that came with the product. Then after throwing it out, you don't have any idea if the product is still okay.
FORMULATION: ⚫⚫⚫⚪⚪ 3/5
- The formulation is from cream to powder. It is obviously cream on the container, but once you applied it on your face, it turns to powdery effect. It is very dry and hard to spread if you have very dry skin. What I do is apply on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin then spread it evenly.
SCENT: ⚫⚫⚪⚪⚪ 2/5
- The only thing I don't like about this product is the scent. It smells weird. like plastic-y weird. like chemicals etc. I am so picky with face makeup that has fragrance and funky scents. It can make or break a product for me. In this case, I never used it after a week. I tried to love the product itself without noticing the weird scent but I can't help it.
COVERAGE: ⚫⚫⚫⚪⚪ 3/5
- The coverage is just right. Not too heavy nor light. It doesn't cover my dark spots completely. But it lessens my dark pigmentation. It also conceals redness on my face. Plus it blends well on my skin but it doesn't stay long enough like my other bb creams.
OVERALL: ⚫⚫⚫⚪⚪ 3/5
I would recommend this for those who has oily skin. It tends to control the oil from the face, so obviously if you already have dry skin, you don't need this product anymore. I also recommend this for those who like to travel a lot. As what I've said earlier, it is very handy and affordable too! I also like that they added SPF 21 for sun protection. But if you're like me that is very sensitive with the scents, I don't recommend this product.
Well, that's all for today! I hope you like this review. Until next post!