Good day dollies! :)
I was surprised with the huge amount of comments I received from my last post about Under Eye Circles Remedies, so I decided to make a series about basic tips on applying or choosing different kinds of make-up.
For me, choosing foundation shade is the most crucial part while buying make-up. We should consider a lot of things before buying one. I'll be sharing some of my tips again on how I personally choose my foundation and hope this would work for you as well. :)
A. Check what formulation suites you.
- Oily skin types - products that say something like long wearing such as Revlon Color Stay Combination/Oily Skin with Soflex Foundation and powder type foundations with matte or shine free finishes.
- Dry Skin - products that say something like hydrating such as Maybelline Dream Smooth Cream that can also give you a dewy look. I also suggest to use BB Creams like Missha and Skin Foods.
- When buying a new brand/product or if you wanted to try other brand, bring your old foundation with you and check if it's closer to its shade.
- If you have a lighter or darker shade foundation from your actual shade, you can still take it to the store and use it as your frame of reference. It is basically just knowing what you have is just right, too light or too dark. Because we all know how hard it is facing a huge stack of foundations and would not know where and how to start.
- If you haven't tried any foundations or haven't consider buying one, you should really have to make trial and error on this. The best way to check the right shade is to apply it on your jawline. You'll know that you have the perfect one if it matches the exact color of your skin.
- Always check if its too pink or too yellow on your skin.
I personally use Revlon Color Stay with softlex for occasions and Missha BB cream for daily make-up.
photo taken from Missha website.
Hope this helps!
Do want me to make more of this posts? :)
Hugs and kisses,
Note: Most of the photos are taken from google. :)